Fennel, Grapefruit & Makaria Farm Kale Sprouts!
A salad made with Makaria Farm kale sprouts! Did you know kale sprouts are only available for about 2 weeks of the growing season? It’s not the end of the world, but once you’ve had fresh kale sprouts you’ll wish they were available all year long!
1 bunch kale sprouts *when in season, otherwise kale torn into bite-sized pieces
1 pink grapefruit
1 head fennel, thinly sliced or shaved on mandolin
2-3 pitted dates, chopped
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 (+) fresh mint leaves
Sea Salt & Ground Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp champagne vinegar
1 tsp honey
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
Here’s what you do:
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl, but whisk the olive oil in last.
- Peel grapefruit, segment and remove the skin.
- Place kale and fennel in a large bowl, and dress with a few tablespoons of the dressing; gently toss with your hands until the dressing is worked into the leaves. Season with salt & pepper, if desired.
- Place on serving platter, and top with grapefruit, dates, and mint.
- Sprinkle with almonds and serve (which we did, but I forgot to take a photo!).
What have you got planned for the weekend?
Thanks for stopping by!