Do you remember the bookcase I was painting a week ago?
Well, it all began here.
A boring pine bookcase caught up in yesterday’s look.
And so I decided to give it a makeover.
But I had inspiration to use this colour, other than the fact I had leftover paint to use up! When you piece the inspiration together you can see how the paint colour was a good fit. Besides, turquoise just makes me feel happy, so using it on an office piece makes sense to me!
Here’s a story board of the other pieces involved.
- Fabric: used on my bulletin board makeover (here)…
- Do you remember that it’s hanging right outside the office door?
- Ocean print: we bought this print for the office in our last home…
- And I bet you know by now, the ocean is my favorite place to be.
- Sand dollar print, ‘Seashore’ by Sarah at Wooden Spoons Edition…
- My first win ever in a giveaway, and it couldn’t be more perfect. Sand dollars remind me of my life growing up on the Charlottes.
- Woman and telephones print, ‘Postmodernity’ by Nancy Marcus of Marcus Design Inc. on Etsy…
- ‘Thank You’ card: given to me by my friends, Chris & Leigh Davies of Mid-Island Ink Depot, also clients for a lighting redesign I helped them with…
- I loved this card when I received it last year, and so it became the inspiration for the wallpaper I picked out.
I found the wallpaper at Home Depot, and it was exactly what I was looking for!
Here’s the bookcase after it was painted.
Now that the paint has dried, we’re ready for the wallpaper application.
And that’s a whole other story, but here’s a sneak peak!
What do you think so far?
Thanks for stopping by!
All photos by Sheila Zeller