Rosemary & Balsamic Roasted Veggies – Westernliving Style!
I know some of you saw my photo share over the Thanksgiving weekend, but I got so much feedback on it, I thought it was in order to share the recipe too! Thanks to Pinterest for the inspiration, and to Westernliving for the recipe!!
Rosemary Roasted Apples, Beets & Butternut Squash
- 6 large beets – precooked, peeled and quartered
- 3 crisp, tart apples – unpeeled, seeded and halved
- 1-1/2 cups butternut squash or sweet potato squash, peeled and cut into smaller cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 or 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Mixing and Baking:
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Combine all ingredients and toss well to coat with oil and balsamic
- Spray large baking dish with cooking oil and fill with veggie mix
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until apples are soft but still hold their shape
- Remove from oven
- Strip rosemary leaves from branch, mince and sprinkle over veggies prior to serving
I was really surprised this recipe didn’t call for any garlic or a deliberate dose of course salt, but when all was said and done I have to say, it really didn’t need either. The balsamic worked its magic, and the veggies were delicious. I would make this again in a heartbeat!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy roasting!! 😉
Photograph by Sheila Zeller