TAG, You’re It!
My friend Carol over at The Design Pages tagged me in a fun little question and answer game, and today I’m ‘telling all’ as I answer her questions! So kick back and enjoy 😉 But this is only part of the fun, because I get to tag a whole new group of bloggers and pass the ‘tell all’ on to them! And just a little housekeeping before we get started…
- You must post the rules!
- Answer the 11 questions the tagger posted for you , and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Here we go, this is what Carol wanted to know.
1. What did you do last Friday night?
My hubby and I are catching up on Mad Men, so our Friday nights start off with a martini and appies while we watch a few episodes… 3 olives, wet and dirty! Oh, and I prefer garlic stuffed olives please!!!
2. What is your specialty in the kitchen?
Honestly, I’d rather prep and clean up than cook! But if I had to pick, I’d say my specialty would be appies, great salads and comfort food… I leave the extravagant meals to my hubby – he loves to cook them, I love to eat them, so we make a great team!
3. What is yor favourite nail polish colour?
I’m not a huge nail polish person, gasp! I love the way it looks, but it drives me crazy once it’s on. When I do decide to glam it up, I like anything in this deeper colour palette…
4. Dogs or cats?
I don’t have either, but I’m a dog person hands-down, and Labs are my favorite. We had 2 black labs when I was growing up, and a chocolate lab when my daughter was quite young.
5. What is your favourite computer or phone app?
6. Who inspires you the most?
This is a tough one! I’m inspired by different people for different reasons. My husband because he’s so focused, Candice Olson for her glamorous and functional designs, the Eames because they were just pure genius, Steve Jobs for all the obvious reasons, Audrey Hepburn for her flawless sense of style… but right now I think Young House Love is a pretty hefty dose of inspiration. They have no fear in tackling just about any DIY, and that gives me confidence to roll up my own sleeves and dive in, too!
7. If you and I were going to spend a weekend together what would you plan for us?
I’d love to go thrifting, antiquing, maybe even tackle a DIY project. Of course there would have to be some great food and wine thrown into the mix!
8. What was the best book you read last year?
At first this question bogged me down. I read a few ‘fluff’ novels that I enjoyed, so inconsequential that I can’t even remember their titles now, but great escapes. And then I panicked thinking yikes I never read anymore! But then I realized I’m reading all the time… blogs, shelter magazines, design books, articles on line… I love to get lost in a novel, but once it’s finished I move on. And I’m ready for another one… got any you’d recommend?
9. What’s your biggest accomplishment of 2012?
I know we’re barely into this year, but one thing is my blog. I work really hard to put out 5 posts a week, so that feels pretty big as it takes a ton of time and commitment, which I know you know! And I’ve been working on some DIY projects, so I know as I finish them they’ll be satisfying accomplishments for me. I also just participated, along with other VISSR members, in a volunteer redesign project. We made over two classrooms for Bridges for Women in Victoria, and that was very gratifying… you can see the SHAW TV clip here.
10. Do you like to dance?
I love to dance! And learning how to tango is still on my bucket list!
11. Which is your favourite, must read blog?
Oh boy, that’s tough. Yours is definitely one of my favorites! I read different blogs for different reasons… I love the DIY-ers, I really like blogs that feature vintage pieces, great spaces, great photography, and I definitely have a special spot for our dlbWEST bloggers. I think it’s easier to say my favorite blogs are the ones that don’t overwhelm me with a ton of text. I appreciate the work that goes into an article, and yet I want to get to all the blogs I follow, so I like it when they’re not overly long.
TAG, YOU’RE IT!
- What’s the biggest compliment you could be given as a result of your blog?
- What gets you out of bed in the morning, keeps you awake at night?
- How do you recharge?
- What is your most cherished family tradition?
- If you could pick anything on any menu, what would it be?
- What’s in your closet that’s seen better days, but somehow you just can’t let it go?
- What’s a lasting lesson your mother (or father, grandparent, or…) taught you?
- Are you seeing a make-up trend that you’d rather see gone?
- Boots. What style is your style?
- If you inherited an antique piece of furniture, would you modify it in any way? Where would you draw the line?
- What’s hot, what’s not in decor?
Thank you Carol for including me! I loved learning more about you, and can’t wait to learn more about the others too!