Well… who knew? A Macklemore inspired thrift shop challenge! I caught YHL’s post just after my thrifting outing last week, and had big plans for today’s thrifting. Only the excursion was called off due to a nasty flu bug trying to swarm in. Instead, here’s what I’ve cobbled together from last week so I can play along!
The three things you need to do to play:
1. Go to a thrift store with $20 and take a picture…
Since there’s no pic of me holding $20 in front of the store… but $20 is my normal budget for a thrifting day, I mocked this up with the treasures we loaded up from our adventure. The checked things are mine! Notice the red tool box? It’s the one I just wrote about here and pinned here!
2. Spend your $20 any way you’d like and photograph your spoils…
- $3 Dovetail Box (it has a great old burnished brass clasp on it!) – I’m thinking of stenciling the box to create a vintage inspired look-alike crate… still deciding.
- $9 Wine Carboy – not sure just yet where this will end up, but I liked it, even though it’s kind of new!
- $1 Hoop – this will go into a DIY project somewhere down the line.
- $5 Vintage Tool Box (made by Climax, c. 1930s to 50s) – you can see what I did with it here!
But I’m kind of cheating to include the table in my $20, because I actually saw it three weeks ago, just didn’t buy it at the time. I kept thinking about it, so when we popped back to this thrift store last week and it was still there, well I decided to make it mine! I paid $20 for it, a little too much, I know, but it was one of those pieces that was calling me. Besides, I saved my $20 three weeks ago!
3. Find one item (or more) referenced in the song and snap a pic.
Well, I figured you might find a few of these things in grandma’s closet, and maybe, just maybe the leather boots would be in grandpa’s!
Even though I didn’t get to play completely by the rules, it was still fun to pull this together from our outing last week. Whew, good thing for phone pics, isn’t it? Like I said, who knew?
I’m linking up over at Young House Love...
You seriously need to pop over and check out all the other Macklemore inspired finds!
Thanks for stopping by!
Photos by Sheila Zeller