On this Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, I thought it would be appropriate to wrap up last weekend’s adventures by giving thanks to those who worked so hard to coordinate our Blend extravaganza, the annual Canadian Design & Lifestyle Bloggers West event that coincides with Vancouver’s annual IDSwest weekend.
Here’s to our network organizers…
Barbara Marek Matson, hodge:podge blog
Nancy Marcus, Marcus Design blog
A huge and heartfelt THANK YOU! Without your hard work, dedication, and attention to detail, Blend 2012 would not have been the amazing event that it was. And thank you once again to our premier sponsor, IKEA Canada, who made the scope of this event possible!
This year the St. Regis Hotel was our host where we enjoyed a fabulous party atmosphere complete with tasty finger foods and beverages. Also returning this year to lend their support with generous prizes was Delta Faucets. Thank you all so much!
And do you recognize these familiar faces? That’s right. Tommy Smythe joined Suzanne Dimma and Mark Challen (Canadian House & Home), to spend some time socializing with us at our party. What an awesome surprise… Did you get to take in their presentations at IDSwest this year?
Don’t you just love Tommy’s smile?!
His wit is equally engaging Thank you, Barbara, for capturing this photo!
Our evening was topped off with swag bags filled with goodies galore. Here’s a little peek at what was inside…
And here’s a special shout out to all the businesses that contributed the swag!
- Reusable Shopping Bag (perfect, because they held all the swag!)
- LAPPLJUNG FÅGEL Reversible Cushion
- VINÄGER Black Bamboo Bowl
- GLIMMA Unscented Tealights
- VARLIG Tealight Holders in Pinstripe & Houndstooth
- Artwork… you can see a recent sampling of Tracey’s photography featured on the cover of September’s Style at Home, and on p. 120-127.
3. URBAN WALLS
- 20% Off Coupon for Vinyl Decals by Danielle Hardy (Click here to see Urban Walls’ decals in action in my own home!)
- Artisan Fan Deck (See what Heidi Nyline of Warline Paints has to say!)
- Sample Pot of ‘Grey Gull’ FAT Paint, a new and exciting chalk paint co-created by Victoria Lambert of Edin’s House!
- Purse size 5′ Tape Measure and FREE Magazine Subscription Invitation… you can sign up, too!
- Hand Painted Colour Card for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint… these colour cards are awesome, because the colour sample is an actual dab of the paint!
- Set of 6 Hand Rendered Cards… did you know Michelle’s work was most recently featured in October’s Canadian House & Home (p. 114-115) and October’s House Beautiful (p. 54)?
So there you have it! The swag within the swag bags, and the businesses who helped make them happen!
I would also like to mention the amazing door prizes given away throughout the evening, gorgeous items such as paintings by the multi-talented Michelle Morelan (mentioned above), and Heather Ross (you can see a recent sample of Heather’s photography in October’s House & Home issue p. 68-74), decals by Urban Walls (mentioned above), artwork by Nancy Marcus of Marcus Design Inc., gift certificates from IKEA Canada, and many, many more. Thank you to each and every one of you for your contributions! You helped make this Blend an event to remember!
And I’m still remembering last year’s!
To end on a personal Thanksgiving note… this year Thanksgiving crept up on me, and kind of caught me by surprise. Can I just say, I was so not ready! Fall decorating? The leaves are just starting to turn colour! And the sun was shining all weekend. It was just so beautiful and warm… I still haven’t gotten any major fall decorating done! Eeek!!!
But here’s what I did manage for our table. Quick and easy, with a little nod to fall colour.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends! I hope you have had a really amazing weekend… and to my American friends, yours is just around the corner Have you got any decorating done for fall? Any decorating tips you’d like to share?
Thanks for stopping by!
Photography by Sheila Zeller unless otherwise stated.