Yes, I’m pretty sure you’ve all heard of, even tried, one of the hottest snacky options going these days. If not, I bet you’ve seen a million different pins tempting you to give them a try. What is it you ask? Why, kale chips of course!
Look at this rich, green tapestry of yummy goodness!
So full of flavor, and they’re even good for you! Seconds, please!
Here’s a basic recipe, which of course you can add your own variations to!
FRESH KALE CHIPS
1 or 2 bunches of fresh Kale (Makaria Farm’s of course!)
Sea Salt, flavour infused if you wish
Dried Garlic Flakes
Additional Seasonings of your choice
- Remove coarse stems from kale, and give leaves a good rinse
- Pat leaves dry, and tear into generous bite-size pieces
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, and toss leaves with olive oil
- Spread leaves out on baking sheet (or two baking sheets if necessary)
- Sprinkle with salt, dried garlic flakes, and other seasonings as you wish *we mix it up with Mrs. Dash, Herbes de Provence, and sometimes dried Chili Peppers for an added bite
- Bake at 300F for 10 to 20 minutes, until leaves are crisp *keep a close eye on them as they will burn quickly once they begin to dry out
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes or so
- Note, kale chips are fragile, so minimal handling is a must – after all, you wouldn’t want to crumble all the goodness away, now would you?
Do you make your own kale chips? What variations do you have in your recipe? Would love to hear what gives your kale chips sizzle and zest!
Thanks for stopping by!
Photograph by Sheila Zeller