I am really excited to share this blueberry cocktail recipe with you! My hubs loves to play with cocktail recipes, and he created this recipe from scratch – the base was a blueberry dessert wine made locally by Silverside Farm & Winery, and you know how I feel about working with local ingredients!
- 4 parts Vodka
- 2 parts Silverside Blueberry Dessert Wine
- 1 part Triple Sec or Cointreau (Orange Liqueur)
- 1 Orange Peel
- 1 Orange Twist
- 1 Small Handful Fresh Silverside Blueberries
Mix it up:
- Fill cocktail glass with ice, preferably a vintage glass from Audrey Would!
- Fill cocktail shaker 2/3 full with ice
- Measure in Vodka, Dessert Wine and Orange Liqueur
- Shake until ice-cold
- Strain (pour) over ice in glass
- Squeeze orange peel over cocktail to release essence
- Garnish with twist of orange and fresh blueberries
Hubs has called this cocktail, ‘Blueberry Summer’, and in a toast to Silverside, served it on a vintage silver coaster from Audrey Would!
I was the lucky sampler of this test run, and I have to tell you, it was really good – perfect for a hot, summer day! The blueberries were amazing, and they were also picked fresh from Silverside farm. If you are into fresh blueberries, definitely stop by the farm. You can buy them freshly picked when they are in season, and while you’re there you can pick up your blueberry dessert wine, too!
Thank you Silverside Farm & Winery for this cocktail inspiration!
And thank you Clemens for sharing the pilot run with me!
How about you? Do you like to make up your own cocktail recipes? Do you have a favourite recipe to share – we would love to give it a try, too!
Thanks for stopping by!
Photographs by Sheila Zeller. Please link and credit if you choose to use!